The Future of Skcraft

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JTHR, Feb 27, 2017.

?

How much would you pledge

Poll closed Mar 27, 2017.
  1. I would not

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. $5

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. $10

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. JTHR

JTHR Administrator
    Staff Member

So as all of you may know Sk has announce that he is no longer going to be paying for the server that is running the modded Minecraft parts. I have also announced that I would be the one paying for it ATM. That was a little hasty. The server will cost quite a bit of money, as in $79 / Month. Putting that into perspective I work 2 jobs(Totaling 40 hours) go to school full time and try to manage this server as best as I can; but I pay my own insurance, My current computer is on it's last life, I am still paying off my car and adding that server fee on would mean I would make almost nothing. I have been paying Sk $15 / month for the past year to help with server costs. I'm going to start a patreon to help mitigate that cost of the server, which will have BETTER specs than what it currently has. I am setting a goal of >$50 month I know that is a lot but to keep these serves running we need every ones help. I would Like to know what you would pledge if it was set up and if you would like to help in other ways. I just didn't want this to be the end of the modded Skcraft community.It is set up now https://www.patreon.com/Skcraft

#1 JTHR, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    rasamalai likes this.
  2. JTHR

JTHR Administrator
    Staff Member

If you don't mind replying your thoughts here THanks

3. Penagwin

Penagwin Linux Servers are better then windows!

I haven't been on skcraft in like a year, I might be able to donate 5$ ~ 10$ a month though (I'm a highschool student with a 10hr/week job)

4. buttonsinpjs

buttonsinpjs Active Member

I'm currently contributing to SK's Patreon. Just let me know the new one and I will switch over my contribution.

5. JTHR

JTHR Administrator
    Staff Member

I appreciate it but if you're currently on sk's patreon keep at it he is going to pay to keep the site up and Vincent on a different box so he does need the help too

6. Baldo

Baldo New Member

I would be more than willing to chip in.

Edit:
    I am old, too, with a job. :)

#6 Baldo, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  7. organicfarmer

organicfarmer New Member

I can contribute.(I am old, have a job and family) How would I do it?

8. Baldo

Baldo New Member

He mentioned he would setup a Patreon account. I don't believe it's setup yet.

9. JTHR

JTHR Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Cranimesao

Cranimesao Administrator
    Staff Member

I used it, same as I did for sk. Bananas.

11. FuzzyHarpyBug

FuzzyHarpyBug Has the memory of a dead goldfish.

I'll jump on there at $15 or so, it'll have to wait until the 15th though, roommates didn't pay me rent this month... =/

12. Ronen

Ronen Member

So believe it or not I actually make $14 dollars an hour(IKR). I could easily do 5-10 dollars a month, but my only problem is Skcraft hasn't really been maintained like it used to be in the past. I most likely will help out if this whole thing gets going (which for the most part it has) but will we see any changes to the maintenance done. I was building something super cool and a part of the looks was the draconic evolution wires. I posted about them as a bug and got 21 views and not a single reply. And like I said I would love to donate but what's the point if nothings gonna get fixed

13. ghostpotato

ghostpotato The Crimson King

I may be able to pay some at a later date, however I agree with Ronen that things have not been maintained properly. I as well as others have offered to help out with maintaining the server, whether that be modpack team or moderation or both and have either been shut down without good reason or completely ignored. My offer to help out in any way still stands, I have been around long enough that I hope it is taken seriously.

14. Ryder

Ryder New Member

Ill be helping with 5$ a month, right noow im in one of those "taking a rest of minecraft" moments, but ill be around for some time. Hope we can do it and keep alive moddding mc here

Regards

15. Talons1337

Talons1337 I am a build team

wtf, 14 USD per HOUR? That's the amount of money I need to survive one week. How are all you Americans so rich?

16. Ronen

Ronen Member

How is the cost of living so cheap where you live? 14 dollars buys me a Large #1 at Mcdonalds

17. DaCookieMon1

DaCookieMon1 New Member

Got around to stuffing 25$ into this.

18. woodzykiler

woodzykiler New Member

in one weeks time ill happy to host these servers for the community, i guest order brand new EEC ram for my private server, ill have a total of 144GB of ram on top of other things. the only cost i have is well the internet and power bill. for me to host the server i ask for a simple thank you.
    hp proliant dl380 g6 - Extended version

Also if a 2nd or 3rd server box is needed with some help im able to get them dirt cheap form a friend who works for the US Gov.

19. JTHR

JTHR Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi thank you for your offer but we handle the server with a hosting company and we get a decent deal thank you though.