Anyone still playing Alice?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sk89q, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sk89q

sk89q Administrator
    Staff Member

Alice is currently down for a server move.

However, we also need to make space for a new modpack and server. Is anyone still playing Ivan? Please tell us.

2. cooperisdunn

cooperisdunn Owner of Xyst Co.

Nobody really plays either Alice or Ivan. Maybe a new permanent Alice pack is in order? We could go full circle and bring Alice back to its roots with a nice industrial pack including a real spawn, university and bazaar. I'll never forget the first time I logged into Alice, it was a beautiful thing. Music was playing, wheat was waving in the wind and the city was bustling. There is a loyal following for Alice and I think it would be awesome if we could reignite the community with a new Alice pack.

3. Ryder

Ryder New Member

some people still playing Ivan, me for example.
    About a new Alice... I think its a good idea. For me, id preffer another 1.7.10 pack. I lern to use some mods in Ivan and get in touch with them in Alice 1.7.10. So thats my opinion :D

Regards

#3 Ryder, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. Cenarilan

Cenarilan New Member

Definitely still playing on Ivan here, hope you guys don't bump that quite yet - its the furthest I've gotten in an expert mode pack.

5. assasin172

assasin172 Member

Alice feels just emty. And I'm waiting on 1.10 modpack for lot of reasons. mainly being that alice sometimes is just unplayable. So playing on vincent.

6. FuzzyHarpyBug

FuzzyHarpyBug Has the memory of a dead goldfish.

Pretty much done with Ivan. Definitely exited about a new Alice pack. Another 1.7.10 pack would be awesome seeing the lack of decent mods for anything later.

7. RightyBird

RightyBird New Member

Another vote for a Alice 1.7.10 return. Without gregtech but still having Galacticraft. :) Loved that.

8. kerjava

kerjava husky mix

id love a 1.10 Alice

9. Mezzychan

Mezzychan New Member

To be honest, I would love to play Alice again. I don't have a preference as to what version. I haven't played in a long time (I was Aelyndra then). Alice was the first one I played on and it has always had a special place in my heart. When I would hear about a good modpack that was both fun and aesthetically pleasing, I would immediately compare it to the Alice I used to play on. That's really the only reason I came back, but I was sad to find that it was down. I decided to give Vincent a chance but I would definitely jump on Alice if it were brought back.

10. RightyBird

RightyBird New Member

So sk89q - yo
    Seems like there is still quite some interest in getting Alice back up. Let's blast from the past and get something rolling! ;-)

11. Vesmic

Vesmic New Member

I think it was around December 2011 or January 2012 that I started on Alice, I had a lot of fun playing around with what ever industrial mod was current at the time. I liked messing around with the magic mod where you eventually could create golems, only played around with the bee mod for a little bit which was around the time the server started becoming more and more laggy.